As a service to potential clients seeking representation after an accident, we offer the following five points:
- If you have been injured because of the careless, reckless or negligent actions of another party, you have the legal right to make a claim against that person or business and its insurer.
- Hiring a skilled personal injury attorney increases your chances of securing fair compensation from an insurance company seeking to protect its financial bottom-line.
- Contact a personal injury attorney immediately, before speaking to the insurance company and making statements that could limit your ability to recover damages. A good lawyer will protect your rights, preserve the evidence and make sure filing deadlines are observed.
- Skills, experience and approach are all important in a personal injury attorney, but a proven record of success is the final indication of effectiveness in securing a result that is in your best interest.
- A good personal injury lawyer will not expect any money up front and will not pressure you into taking a quick settlement. All personal injury lawsuits should be taken on contingency, meaning there should be no attorneys' fees unless your attorney wins your case.